Holla Balubba!!

So I am finally home! And lots has happened. And since I'm pretty sure only about 5 people read this, 2 being my parents :) I can share. First of all, I surprised Matt and came home a lot earlier than he expected on Friday and that was fun. On Saturday we had a wedding at church. Cutest wedding EVER. It was for two older people from church, both having already been married and sealed in the temple and their spouses both have died. The lady is sister Davis. The man, brother Whitehead. He is as funny as his name gives him credit for. A complete dork. So obviously they couldn't get married in the temple, so they had a small ceremony at the church. They were really bummed about not being able to go to the temple and had lots of nonmembers attending the wedding so they decided to use it as a missionary tool!!! It was AWESOME! Their opening song was Count Your Blessings, the closing, Love at Home. There was a solo, Because I Have Been Given Much. Super great songs. They each wrote their own vows. SO CUTE! I cried, as did almost everyone else. The girl said hers first, she started out saying, "Have I told you lately that I love you? You wiped away all my sadness and filled my heart with gladness." That was also the song they had their first dance to :) It was perfect. Then the guy did his. First he had to find the paper he wrote it on, and was completely choked up so we could barely hear him, but this is how he started his, "I remember the day in December when I moved into this branch. You were the first person I sat next to and I noticed your missionary badge. I asked you where your companion was." More tears, pausing. "You said you didn't have one and that broke my heart." HOW CUTE!!!!!! So now she has her companion :) YAY! They also had the bishop give a talk on the importance of temple marriage and explain why they couldn't be married in the temple and give a little talk about the missionaries. It was a great wedding. And they had watermelon. It was delicious. They cut the cake, (sis. Davis' grandson got everyone's attention and said "Now they are going to cut the cheese. Oh I mean cake." It was funny, he is a teenager, obviously. Matt and I left and went to eat at OLIVE GARDEN! BEST FOOD EVER! And it rained. It was a great day. We came home and I went to bed while Matt watched the Panther game on the fuzzy TV, we don't actually get the channel. He is that obsessed. Sunday somehow, even though I went to bed at 8 the night before, we didn't wake up until 8:15 and had to leave for church at 8:35. EEESSSHHH!!! But somehow we made it there on time and it was a good sunday. We had VT interviews after so I had to stay for a bit and when we got home we had to cook for Matt's family. They got there and we ate and after we broke the news, which I will break now. Brace yourselves.....

Im PREGNANT!!! YAY!! 7 weeks along, we are still keeping it on the DL, so shh. But YAY!!!

Brian and Kayla  – (August 16, 2011)  

I thought that that might have been your "good news"! So when are you due? April? May?

Matt and Kim  – (August 16, 2011)  

the due date is April 1st :)

Jon & Aub  – (August 16, 2011)  

You can't post that on your blog and say to keep it on the DL. I think just for that I might make it facebook official :) (j/k). again I am so excited for you!!!

The Dooley Family  – (August 24, 2011)  

YAY!!! I was hoping this news would be in the "so much has happened!" post!! You sneaky girl, giving that BIG news one line at the bottom of the post!

Did I hear that you guys are transferring to BYUI sometime? Does that mean I will get to squeeze that sweet baby of yours!?

Jenn  – (August 31, 2011)  

Congrats!! We are so excited for you!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP