best job EVER

First, I will do my best to start taking pics and post them, but no promises. So I have started my internship at the NC Aquarium. It is amazing. Here are some of the things I have done:

Held/touched (those that I have only touched I will soon hold and present): Spider crabs, hermit crabs, whelks, sting rays, turtles, sea turtles, alligators, snakes, anemones, brown shrimp, horseshoe crabs, sea stars (starfish), and another thing that is in the ocean that is full of spikes (I forgot the name.)

Cleaned: Vulture, great horned owl, pelican, hawk, and barn owl cages. (This was disgusting and I came home covered in bird poop, but I loved watching the pelicans up close. They are really playful.)

Painted: A giant mural of under the sea stuff on one of the windows.

Crafted: Cute, fun, and easy shark and pirate crafts to prepare for the kids who will be coming once the summer starts.

Fed: Snakes and turtles. (I had to pick up dried caterpillars and super worms. Yuck.)

Paddled: A kayak. In Bogue Sound. Today. Got a sunburn.

Played: Beach volleyball. I joined the team at work, we are called the Spadefish. We won (I don't know how.) We have another game tomorrow.

Ate: Pig

And this was all just in a week. Jealous? I am still learning the programs, but will start presenting next week. I can't wait.

The Dooley Family  – (May 19, 2011)  

wow! This is crazy cool!! I can't wait to see pictures! I love taking pictures everywhere, but you're right--posting them is another story!

Brian and Kayla  – (May 19, 2011)  

This is great! I'm so glad you have this opportunity! We actually went to the aquarium in Houston today for my birthday. It was okay...like maybe a six out of ten. I wonder how it compares to yours. Call me anytime. I would love to chat!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP