Thanksgiving

Yesterday we had our own Thanksgiving. Matt and I cooked everything except the meat and we invited the missionaries and my friend Danae and Matt's friend Micah. Danae brought the ham, it was amazing and we got to keep some leftovers. It was a great night, in the end me and Danae cleaned up a bit then she went home and I finished cleaning while the boys talked about how to re-activate some people in our ward. Matt and Micah are both in the Elder's Quorum Presidency at church so they had a mini meeting with the help of the missionaries. Micah ended up staying the night and now they are both off playing football. I figured since it is Thanksgiving I would write what I am thankful for (in no particular order.)


1. I am thankful that I will be done with school in May and I have over a month off during December and January.
2. I am thankful for my hubby, he is the best! Especially right now, I am way needy, sometimes I literally don't stop talking and he listens to me, even though I have nothing really to say.
3. I am thankful for a freakishly perfect pregnancy, I am sooooo lucky. I have had close to no problems (The worst thing being my balance is a bit off and I have tripped twice, one time I cut my pants and my knee. It hurt and still does.)
4. I am thankful for my family and friends who listen to me complain way too much.
5. I am thankful for days when things that annoy me don't happen (like slow drivers not letting me pass)
6. I am thankful for food. I love food.
7. I am thankful for my body that is amazing and does a freakishly good job at burning the thousands of pounds of food I feel I eat each day so I don't gain too much during the pregnancy. Along with that I am thankful I almost never crave sweets. Usually it is more healthy food that I want. I am so lucky.
8. I am thankful for my calling in church, both being in the RS presidency and being a visiting teacher. I love my companion and I love the ladies we see. I could literally spend hours with each of them and thoroughly enjoy every second.
9. I am thankful for our missionaries, they are doing a GREAT job and I think we really do have the possibility of getting enough people to attend church for the month of December so we can get changes made to our building so we can all actually fit (right now the bishop doesn't even have an office because his room is needed as a primary class and the RS used to meet in a closet, until it got so cramped we talked the guys into trading rooms with us because they split up and don't all have to stay in the tiny room for the whole hour.)
10. I am grateful for the gospel and the immense love Heavenly Father has for us. I am grateful for all the amazing huge and little things he does for us.
11. I am grateful for our house. I love our house, it is beyond perfect for us right now.
12. I am grateful for the weather. I love how perfect it is at this time. I love rain, I love snow, and I sometimes like the sun, but for those times when I don't I love my sunglasses.
13. I am thankful for people who are brilliant and invent things, like pinterest and slippers and everything in between.
14. I am thankful for tv and internet, they both help the hours pass quickly.
15. I am thankful for life and everything that is included in it. It is a great package deal.
16. I am thankful for the following video and all other mormon messages.

Kristine  – (December 05, 2011)  

#6 made me laugh out loud. I am thankful you shared this! Love you friend and can't wait to see you out west :)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP